About Me My Classroom Home Families Teaching In The Net Image Map












Thursday, June 4, 2015

#CraftyTeacher - Shark Craft (FLASH FREEBIE)

Well, it's officially SUMMER! What a beautiful word that evokes so many emotions right now! I'm joining up with Kristin from The Therapeutic Teacher for her #CraftyTeacher blog linky. She is celebrating summer with her "School's Out - Start of Summer Bash" giveaway and linky! Check it all out here. Also, click on the picture to read more about this summer bash!




So what did I do that was crafty at the end of the year that was summery and fun for my students???



Before sending my kiddos off on the last day, we read a cute little book called I'm a Shark by Bob Shea. It's about a shark and a fish who is asking the shark about things he's afraid of. We end up finding out that he's only afraid of spiders. It's really a short, cute, funny book. Since it was the end of the year, and we were winding down, I thought it would be fun to do a shark craftivity and write about what we were afraid of.

Some of my kids came up with interesting fears - tsunamis, nuclear bombs, paranormal activity...wow! They had so much fun doing it that I decided to create a full product for all of my teacher friends. I added a variety of writing prompts, writing papers, and optional craft pieces. It's a fun little summer craft that you could do with your kiddos with ANY shark unit, ocean unit, shark book, or as a fun end of the year activity. Take a look at some of the awesome work my kiddos did....










You can check out this fun craftivity here, or click on the picture below. 



Again, if you want to link up with Kristin at The Therapeutic Teacher's Summer Bash Giveaway, click on the picture below. Also, if you have any good summer crafts, post about them, link up, and use the hashtag #craftyteacher on social media so we can all share ideas!

Post-note: I am an idiot! When Kristin said to share a "summer craft," I thought she meant a summer craft that I did with my students! I've noticed other teachers' blog posts as well as Kristin's and it seems she was talking about personal/teacher crafts, not student-made crafts!! Duh on my part! SOOOOOOO, for MY mistake, I'm going to mark this product FREE until I go to bed tonight! Next time, I will get clarification before I post! :)

Have a great night and don't forget to grab the freebie while it's free! :)






1 comment:

  1. These are simply adorable!!!! I love them! I bet your students had a blast creating their sharks, and writing about something they are afraid of. I'm sure there wasn't a shortage of ideas. I enjoyed reading their paragraphs... what voice!!

    ReplyDelete