About Me My Classroom Home Families Teaching In The Net Image Map












Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Fun Practice with Cause & Effect + FREEBIE

I was working on cause and effect lesson plans this past weekend, and I don't know how it came to me, but I thought of the old song "On Top of Spaghetti." It lent itself beautifully to teaching cause and effect. However, when I wanted to create an entire activity for my students to use, there wasn't enough "right there" cause and effect references in the song. So I thought, "Why don't we review a little sequencing?" (It was our last skill we reviewed.)

So I created a simple set of task cards to practice those two skills and a few "right there" comprehension questions.

Surprisingly, NOT ONE of my students had ever heard the song!! I couldn't believe it!!! Therefore, being the teacher that I am who sings at any chance I can get, I HAD to sing the song! My students all whined and complained, but then as I sang it, they either a) really got into the rhythm of it, or b) laughed their heads off! Either way, I don't think they'll ever forget the song!



After I sang it, I sent them on their way answering questions taped up around the room on the task cards. This was a GREAT little review for just beginning our cause and effect unit.



I put the file on TPT for you to use if you desire. It's free! Click here or on the picture to take you there!

***I didn't include the lyrics in the file on TPT due to copyright laws. You can easily find them by googling "On Top of Spaghetti". I found mine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment